Radon-- being odorless, colorless, tasteless, and in all ways utterly impossible to notice using any of the human senses-- is toxic and could be present in your home right now. Radon testing is the only way to know if your home is truly safe!
"Indoor Radon is the second- leading cause of lung cancer in the United States and breathing it over prolonged periods can present a significant health risk to families all over the country. It's important to know that this threat is completely preventable. Radon can be detected with a simple test and fixed through well-established venting techniques."
- Surgeon General health Advisory January 2005
Don't wait until it is too late to have your pump serviced! A sump pump water backup can be a major catastrophe- proper maintenance is critical to ensure that your sump pump does its job to avoid this problem!